UNT's College of Education uses Foliotek as a comprehensive online data management system for all student activities in programs leading to certification for teachers or other school personnel. Beginning in EDSE 3500, TNT students are required to use Foliotek to complete course assignments and to facilitate evaluations for courses, field experiences, and student teaching or internship/practicum. Foliotek is free and will allow students to:
- Build artifacts electronically, online. Students will have access to artifacts even after graduation for use as resources in later professional work.
- Receive feedback on work from Master Teachers and mentors.
- Create electronic portfolios for presentation to the faculty and prospective employers.
- Have a fully documented record of field experience and apprentice teaching/clinical practice.
- Fill out all application forms online. This includes applications for admission to apprentice teaching and other field and clinical experiences.
- Be part of UNT's data bank used to maintain the national recognition and accreditation of our teacher education programs. The demonstrated quality of our programs is important to all teacher candidates and graduates.
For more information on Foliotek, including a link to frequently asked questions, visit https://www.coe.unt.edu/office-educator-preparation/foliotek. Announcements regarding training on use of the Foliotek system will also be posted on this website. Your preliminary and final portfolios will be constructed in Foliotek, and all materials related to apprentice teaching are also in this forum. The application for apprentice teaching is available here: https://www.coe.unt.edu/clinical-practice-office/application-forms.